UIBackgroundModes Error in Apple's Appstore

I was publishing IOS apps In app store but I got the following Rejection Message. My SAB version was 6.2.2 and my apps don’t have audio in their content

Guideline 2.5.4 - Performance - Software Requirements

Your app declares support for audio in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist but did not include features that require persistent audio.

Next Steps

The audio key is intended for use by apps that provide audible content to the user while in the background, such as music player or streaming audio apps. Please revise your app to provide audible content to the user while the app is in the background or remove the “audio” setting from the UIBackgroundModes key.

Ok. I will try to find a fix for this today. I implemented background audio in 6.2.x but didn’t account for no audio.

@getz Here is an update to SAB Mac 6.2.2 that has this fixed. I updated the link. I found a bug in something related to audio before sending this to someone else.

Thank you so much for such dedicated fast response. Great respect

Another user reported an issue with the UIBackgroundModes when uploading to App Store Connect:

ERROR ITMS-90039: "Type Mismatch. The value for the Info.plist key UIBackgroundModes is not of the required type for that key. See the Information Property List Key Reference at...

I found the error and fixed it. I have rebuilt SAB 6.2.2 with this fix in it.

I have republished 6.2.2 (March 20) on software.sil.org with this fix since others are running into it.

Hi Chris

I hit similar problem with built AppBuilder 8.3.1, with audio files can be downloaded from internet. It looks Apple rejected the default built file. Is that something we need to modify the plist on our own?
Thanks
Isaac

Guideline 2.5.4 - Performance - Software Requirements

Your app declares support for audio in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist, but we were still required to download additional audio resources when we tapped on the “play” button.

Next Steps

The audio key is intended for use by apps that provide audible content to the user while in the background, such as music player or streaming audio apps. Please revise your app to provide audible content to the user while the app is in the background or remove the “audio” setting from the UIBackgroundModes key.

SAB only included the audio value for UIBackgroundModes key if your app has audio. If you start playing audio in the app, then you should be able to put the app in the background (go to springboard – the launch screen, or another app) and the audio will still keep playing. You can use the controls in the lock screen or control center to control audio.

If only some of your books have audio, then you will have to let App Store Review know where to find audio. We have had this issue with another app. They showed App Store Review how to find audio for their app and it was passed.