User feedback needed - Should "ignored" problems disapear forever?

We are working on a new view in HearThis that would allow a user (typically the project administrator) to see where there are potential problems in their HearThis recordings. the most common type of problem we would be able to identify is when the text of a block does not match the text as it was when the clip was recorded.
Our current proposal is to give the user a way to “ignore” the problem, which would essentially tell HearThis that the text difference is unimportant (e.g., a spelling change, a change in punctuation, etc.) so that the existing clip can be used and does not need to be re-recorded.
The question we have is whether a user would need to be able to go back and change their mind later. That is, would HearThis need to be able to remember that they ignored the problem so they could go back later and either un-ignore it or go ahead and re-record it.
If Yes, then would they want a “Forget” ability too? (Without that, eventually the number of previously ignored problems might get overwhelming.)
If Yes, would they want those to be sequential, or just a choice? In other words, would you want to have to first say “ignore this” and then be able to say, “yes, I’m sure, you can forget about this forever.” Or would you want two choices: “Ignore this for now but let me review it later” or “Ignore this forever”.

By the way, don’t get hung up on the exact wording of the options. We’ll figure that out. I’m just trying to spell out the choices clearly so they make sense,

1 Like

I like the idea of “Ignore For Now” and “Ignore Forever.”

It’s been a while since I recorded, but the reason I kept getting for text mismatch was the settings - setting for punctuation detection or whatever being changed between different sessions and projects. Perhaps now the setting for each project are saved; I wonder whether saving for each chapter might even be better (if they are not) in case of incessant fiddlers (me!) always looking for the perfect setting. Excuse me if this no longer makes sense, or my memory is failing me.

How about an “Ignore this for now” with an icon alert at the edge of the screen somewhere as as a reminder that there are mismatches that could be reviewed if the need was felt but clicking on the icon. That way there would not really be a need for “Ignore forever” - the user could just ignore the icon forever but the possibility of review would always be there.

Yes, that could be a useful solution in the middle ground.

Your scenario makes sense. Interesting idea of making it possible to override the default project settings for individual chapters (or maybe any arbitrary verse range). I’ll make a note of that idea for whenever we have time to look at possible new features.
For cases where settings cause a mismatch, I think you will nearly always need to re-record and/or shift clips to realign them to the text. I suppose there would be times where something gets split and a single clip that was previously recorded covers the content, and you could just let it go (since the combined audio would work). With the possible exception of that scenario, my thought is that most of the time if you look at the changes and decide the recording is still an acceptable match, you would seldom need to want to look at it again.

Yeah Tom. I think the idea of re-recording segments is probably only really useful for re-recordings done pretty close to the time the original was done anyway. Making individual substitute segment/clip recordings later when voices and recording environments have changes is probably not going to sound good anyway, so whole chapter might be better re-recorded. So I’m wondering where these anticipate mismatches are coming from - I guess it’s changes to translation that you are attempting to account for, eh?

Anyway, enough stabbing around in my dark memory – being out of the real world of translation and recording at the moment doesn’t help!!

Thanks for keeping HT alive. It is the best!

1 Like

I would want Option 2 with both choices available. Or at minimum, “Ignore this for now but let me review it later”.

Note from field user: Ignored problems should not disappear forever because in a pre-publication recording, the team is in the process of making decisions and the decisions go back and forth and back and forth until things are settled.