Using CSS to style toolbars

I’m currently attempting to style the App Toolbar. I can use CSS on ui.bar.action to change the background color - so I know I’m trying to use the correct identifer - but I’d like to add a drop shadow to the app toolbar and possibly increase the padding. I’ve tried using box shadow and dropshadow css without avail. Anyone have any ideas?

I’ve tried this for example:

ui.bar.action {
background-color: BackgroundColor;
box-shadow: 5px 5px 10px 2px rgba(0,0,0,.8);
}

Additionally, is there no way to change the color of the header menu button, text, audio button, etc?

I included a pic of where I’d like to change the font color/icon color and another arrow where I’d like to add a subtle drop shadow. Thanks for the help!

The App Toolbar is not HTML, but Native UI. SAB uses CSS to consistently specify color for UI Styles, but not all CSS properties are applied.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks brother! Ok, so in laymen’s terms - dropshadow or box shadow would not be supported?

What about changing the app toolbar icon colors? Are those locked as white?

Chris, I’d like to confirm, is it possible to change the color of the text/hamburger/etc of the main action bar?

@ChrisHubbard Would LOVE to be able to change the color of the Action bar icons. Since they must remain white, it prevents us from using a lighter action bar, which significantly dates the app. Is that a complicated fix? Or is it already available to be changed?