- You can add a collection of Bible reading plans to your app. Each day within a plan can include one or more passages for users to read or listen to.
- Plans are defined in text files, using standard format markers. For details about the required file format, see the ‘Bible Plans’ section in the ‘Building Apps’ documentation.
- There is a new bottom navigation bar in the app, allowing users to navigate between the main Bible view, Plans, and the Contents menu (if there is one).
- To add plans to the app, go to Engagement > Plans.
- You can add pre-prepared plans from the Plans Gallery, by clicking the ‘Add Plan from Gallery…’ button.
- More features are planned for the coming releases, including: daily reminder, settings/changing the start date, cancelling plans, choosing the days of the week on which to read, and devotional notes.
How to incorporate Bible plans to your apps - Info from SAB Documentation
Scripture apps can contain a selection of Bible plans, which include one or more daily
How do I define a plan?
Plans are defined in text files. Here is the format:
\title Read through the Gospels
\descr Read the Gospels of Matthew and Mark,
learning about Jesus, what he did, what he said and
why he came.
\ref MAT 1:1-17
\ref MAT 1:18-25
\ref MRK 1:1-8
\ref MAT 2
The standard format markers to use are as follows:
\id - Unique identifier for the plan (for internal use)
\title - Title of the plan (seen by the user)
\descr - Description of the plan (seen by the user)
\img - Image
\day - Day in the plan (\day 1, \day 2, \day 3, etc.)
\ref - Scripture reference to read. (There can be one or more \ref lines for each day. References are defined using the Paratext book codes (GEN, EXO, LEV, etc.).
How do I add a plan to the app?
To add a plan to your app:
- Go to Engagement → Plans.
- Click Add Plan…
- Select a plan definition file (see above on the format of such files) and click
- Double-click the plan in the table to edit the name, description or image.
There is a Plans Gallery with some pre-prepared plans. To use one or more of these,
click the Add Plans from Gallery button.
Please feel free to share links of apps with the new plans feature or share some of your created plan files which can be reused by other app builders.