Build fails on fabric.io

Hi, I’ve just downloaded the new SAB 5.5, switched JDK to Amazon. My build fails with this message:
Execution failed for task ‘:fabricGenerateResourcesRelease’.

Crashlytics Developer Tools error.

If I turn firebase analytics off it compiles fine. I haven’t changed anything that affects that and I don’t remember putting in anything for Fabric.io? This thread online seems to indicate that it is a missing entry in AndroidManifest.xml but I am not sure how to fix it:

Thanks!
Ray

Hello Ray,

Did you enable the Firebase Crashlytics feature on the on the Firebase tab under the App page?

Can you try to use the last version of Oracle Java 8 SE that doesn’t require the new licensing agreement until we get this sorted?

Here is the page to download page for 8u202:
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

You will have to create an account with Oracle.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris, just tried with 8u202, with “Firebase Crashlytics” off, per your screenshot, it works, with it checked, it fails. I downgraded to 5.4 and it works again (amazon or oracle). On 5.5 I can’t get it to work with crashanalytics + any java version (amazon or oracle).

1 Like

Sorry, this problem is caused by some incompatible Firebase libraries in the build. We are testing a fix for SAB 5.6 which should be available in July. For now, please disable Crashlytics.

Thanks Richard, I am not in a hurry to release a new version, just wanted to stay up to date so I can wait. Thank you!
Ray