Errors trying to compile IOS App with SAB 11.0.4 for Mac

These are the errors that appear even if I added these icons

Asset validation failed (90023)
Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly ‘167x167’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See User interface | Apple Developer Documentation (ID: d1deb5e9-dfbd-4110-bd2b-3aad1f8f2caf)

Asset validation failed (90704)
Missing App Icon. An app icon measuring 1024 by 1024 pixels in PNG format must be included in the Asset Catalog of apps built for iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS. Without this icon, apps cannot be submitted for review. For details, see https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/icons-and-images/app-icon/. (ID: 285701eb-f9c8-4410-b628-941545a50eaf)

Asset validation failed (90023)
Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly ‘152x152’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See User interface | Apple Developer Documentation (ID: a09767b8-9ddf-451a-89dc-0191aa0c5761)

Asset validation failed (90022)
Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly ‘120x120’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0. To support older versions of iOS, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See User interface | Apple Developer Documentation (ID: 58a54d28-4f80-4280-88cd-c53080e011e1)

I have seen this error when the Signing Identity was not using an “Apple Distribution” certificate. See this thread: Missing app icons, interface icons and audio player.

If you go to the App > Signing (iOS) tab, verify the type of the Signing Identity (which will be a prefix of “Apple Distribution” or “iPhone Distribution”). I believe I have a change that will come out in the next release that will fail the build if it doesn’t have the correct one.

Chris

It works now, thanks!

@Daniele_Mazza Did you have to change the Signing Identity?

Chris

I have found the solution. I had to revert to Xcode 15.0. If you compile it with Xcode 15.1 it won’t work.
Thanks

Greetings,
I’m new to SAB and App Store Connect but i’m getting this exact problem again. Sadly Xcode Command line tools 15.0 is not avaliable on developer apple downloads

Any suggestions welcome.
Alex

Hi there,

I found a site that has Apple links to all previous versions including 15.0
Have a look here: Xcode Download

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James Cuthbert

James,
Thanks very much. this solved my issue. i downloaded Xcode 15.0. rebuilt the app and submitted via transporter and it worked.
Thank you very much for your help.
Alex

Hi all, tried with 15.3 and worked fine including uploading via Transporter and testing with TestFlight.

For Xcode version control, try https://www.xcodes.app/, you can have several Xcode versions simultaneously and easily switch between them.